It is Week #200 for me on the nasty hill and to mark this milestone I am going to ask you to join me in a special effort …
No matter what Cancer Mountain throws at me (and it certainly has thrown a lot!), I never lose sight of how fortunate I am:
* I have an amazing support team of family, friends, colleagues, and healthcare heroes. That’s all of you on Team Crafty.
* I have world-class healthcare insurance and benefits thanks to my employer, Salesforce.com.
* I have access to one of the best cancer centers on the planet, UCSF Helen Diller Cancer Center in San Francisco.
I’ve learned the hard way that all this makes me one of the most fortunate (and grateful) cancer fighters you will ever know. And, these advantages always motivate me to search for ways I might help other cancer patients in some meaningful way. I’ve concluded that can be done most effectively through supporting worldwide cancer research.
That’s why I’m really excited to help CONQUER CANCER, the ASCO Foundation, establish and launch this new award:
The Trailblazers Endowed Merit Award
This award is being established by trailblazing patient Mark A. Crafts and the generous supporters of Team Crafty. In 2021, after nearly 4 years of battling Stage IV colorectal cancer, Mark was among the very first patients in the USA to take part in an experimental treatment utilizing personalized Neo-Antigen T-cell Receptors (TCRs) to target solid tumors.
The CONQUER CANCER – Trailblazers Endowed Merit Award will be given each year to a promising researcher who submits an abstract related to solid tumor cancers.
* Abstract focus: colorectal, colon, liver, lung, head & neck cancers
* Candidate preference: low- and middle-income countries
* Presented each year at the ASCO Annual Meeting starting June 2022
HERE’S HOW YOU CAN HELP:
You can join me in funding this annual award.
Just follow the steps here and DONATE today.
Together, we can help advance cancer breakthroughs …
and spread our strong message about innovation, inspiration, hope, and gratitude.
Thanks for all your support from near and far.
P.S. Here’s a special message about support teams and the power of Team Crafty.