Blog Post: Week #165 ~ December 2020
I’m really excited about this event and I invite EVERYONE to join me …
Not kidding, I mean EVERYONE!
This upcoming World Cancer Day, February 4th, I’ll be participating in the World Cancer Day Solidarity Challenge, a VIRTUAL CYCLING event for cyclists all over the world. Organizers expect this to be the world’s largest virtual race to date with over 60,000 participants from everywhere!
The ride itself will be a series of 45-minute ZWIFT competitions with riders competing on their indoor bikes / virtual trainers. There will be 6 different races / start times worldwide:
- Ride 1 … 6 pm Eastern Australian Time – Sydney (GMT/UTC +11)
- Ride 2 … 6 pm Singapore Standard Time (GMT/UTC +8)
- Ride 3 … 6 pm Gulf/UAE Standard Time (GMT/UTC +4)
- Ride 4 … 6 pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC +0)
- Ride 5 … 6 pm Eastern Standard Time – New York (GMT/UTC -5)
- Ride 6 … 6 pm Pacific Standard Time – Los Angeles (GMT/UTC -8)
I am working with my company, Salesforce.com, to recruit a sizable group of riding teams. We are inviting all friends, family, customers, partners and employees to join us – wherever you may be in the world.
Here’s how it works:
- Start your own team within our global “Ohana” group.
- Recruit a team of 4 riders from family, friends, or company colleagues and
race to honor or remember the cancer-fighters close to you.
- We aim to have over 100 teams in each of the 6 time zone races.
- That’s works out to total of over 2400 riders worldwide.
- All teams pledge to raise donations to fight cancer.
* Team Pledge Amount = $5000 U.S. (combined riders’ total)
* Rider Pledge Amount = $1250 U.S.
- 100% of donations raised will go directly to the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC.org), the world’s oldest and largest cancer fighting organization which has over 1200 member organizations throughout the world.
- Here is where you can sign-up and donate: >> https://fundrazr.com/TeamSalesForceOhana2021
I hope you’ll join me in this effort to fight cancer!
Cancer organizations everywhere really need your help now more than ever.
a.k.a. The most fortunate, grateful cancer fighter you will ever know.
a.k.a. The man called ‘a walking miracle and the future of medicine’ by his UCSF nurses.
P.S. I hope Santa brings you an indoor cycling trainer and ZWIFT account for Christmas!
And now, I’m gonna really pull on your heart strings …
Please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPo2hScfRoo